This Privacy Notice sets out how Thestranddesign.com uses and protects any personal data that you give when you use this website. It also explains how we store this data and keep it safe. Thestranddesign.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have and but if not, please do get in touch with us. We may change or update this policy on occasion so please check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Our Legal bases for using personal information
You have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose. For example, if you contact us via email with a query or enquiry, we would use the information you provide to contact you.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the Thestranddesign.com to the police.
When do we collect your personal data
- When you email us directly.
- When you comment or engage with us on social media.
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
- Details of any communication or interactions you have with us if you get in touch using via email.
How and why we use your personal data
- To respond to your queries when you contact us. Any communication may be kept on record for a reasonable time to help us deal with your query effectively.
- To protect us from fraud or any kind of illegal activity.
- To send you communications required by law. For example; any significant updates to our Privacy Notice.
What we do to protect your personal data
We know how important data security is to you so we are treat your personal information with the utmost care and are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or misuse of your data, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. For example;
- Every page and area on the website is secured using ‘https’ security technology.
- We use the latest security and hosting packages to prevent any cyber attack or security breach.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
- You can ask us for a copy of any personal information we hold about you at any time.
- You can inform us of any changes to your personal information, or if you want us to correct any of the personal information we hold about you.
- Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, such as processing your order, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
- To ask for your information to be amended, please contact us.
Contacting the regulator
If you have a concern about the way we have handled your personal information, or are not happy with any response to an enquiry, you have a right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office to lodge a complaint.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or visit or go online to www.ico.org.uk
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you have any questions at all please email us anytime email@example.com